Alva and Robert take some time pouring over the games of the wonderfully unique Rani Baker (Patreon, Itch, Blog), a solo developer who combines zinester sensibilities, sonic art, and 80s Macintosh aesthetics to create a body of work that's fresh, political, and kvlt as fvck.
We Play: Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice, Vostok Inc., Rez Infinite, Downwell, Hitman 2016.
We Drop: Ultra Despair Girls.
Music in this episode comes from Rani's games Never Go To Work and The Corner of Sunny Lane and Easy Street. You can purchase her music at Bandcamp.
Next Episode 29 September 2017: Trouble Shooter / Battle Mania
- Fuck Capitalism Jam
- Demon's Forge remake (Rani Baker)
- Hardcore Gaming 101: Dark Seed
- Hardcore Gaming 101: Nanashi no Game
- 3D Monster Maze
- Companions of Xanth / Superhero League of Hoboken
- Mobygames: JB Harold in Murder Club
- Mobygames: Private Eye
- MisanthroPop: Maison Ikkoku
- Adam Cadre: 9:05
- Ian Finley: All Alone
- MisanthroPlay #29 A Kou Shibusawa Podcast
- Shinju Forest: Illusion City
- Plunderphonics: Dab
- Dead Genre Chronicles
- Emperor Tomato Ketchup
- Doomed Megalopolis Episodes 2-4
- Teito Monogatari